This collection of interactive sessions meets participants where they are and deepens their understanding of key racial equity concepts and tools to advance their analysis and implementation of racial equity practices in the workplace, across fields of practice, and in everyday life.
This foundational course explains racial justice values and vision, defines key concepts of racial justice and racism, and emphasizes opportunities to challenge and change institutional racial inequities.
- Build a clear understanding of key concepts such as racial equity and structural racism
- Learn to talk about race constructively within their organizations and constituents
- Gain tools and practices for counteracting racial bias in their work and practices
- Identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to advance racial equity
This engaging training uses Race Forward's Racial Equity Decision-making Tool (RED Tool) to guide participants through building an organization-wide racial equity decision-making practice and culture that centers communities and community members who will be most impacted by the decisions.
Participants are asked to attend with other colleagues from their organization to practice using the RED Tool on an actual organization “choice point” (a specific decision, e.g. program planning, hiring, budgeting, event planning, service delivery, grant-making, etc.) where applying a racial equity framework could change actions and outcomes.
Prerequisite: Building Racial Equity
This Training 4 Trainers is aimed towards those who have been through a Building Racial Equity training and are interested in or will be responsible for training other staff inside of their organization or network on the ideas, practices, and strategies of racial equity.
During this training, participants will experience a behind-the-scenes view of how racial equity workshops are structured, built, and delivered, leaving them with:
- More familiarity with the practices of equity-focused facilitation
- More comfort and fluency with naming social dynamics and guiding group learning
- The ability to use the structure, frameworks, and exercises in the Building Racial Equity workshop
- The skills needed to facilitate the Building Racial Equity training
Prerequisite: Building Racial Equity Training*
*If you have not yet participated in the Building Racial Equity workshop, but would like to take the Training 4 Trainers, please get in contact with us as a discount may be offered.
Designed for those working within government, this interactive training, which includes facilitated discussion, exercises, and video, provides an introduction to the role, responsibilities and opportunities for government to advance racial equity by focusing on normalizing racial equity as a core value; operationalizing racial equity through new policies and institutional practice; and organizing for racial equity, both internally and in partnership with other institutions and the community.
Participants will gain:
- Awareness of the history of race
- Understanding of key terminology, including implicit and explicit bias, as well as individual, institutional, and structural racism, and how they impact the workplace
- Skill to identify and address institutional and structural racism
- Practice with our racial equity tool that can be used in decision-making relating to policies, practices, programs, and budget