Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Sites and the Services, and/or interacting with you, we will collect (and/or receive) the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information.
When you contact us through any of our Site, email or by mail, when you call us, when you subscribe to receive our newsletter, you will be asked to provide certain information, including but not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, and any other information you are contacting us about (collectively, the “Contact Information”). The Contact Information is used to provide the requested service or information and to contact you for purposes of direct marketing of our current and future services.
Information obtained automatically from your online activity
When you access or use the Sites and Services, we use browser cookies, pixels, web beacons, and similar technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”) to automatically collect or receive certain standard technical information and other data (such as traffic data, usage data (including but not limited to, profiles viewed, matches made, features used, frequency and duration of the Sites and Services usage, and interactions with content on the Sites), location data, device information (including but not limited to, type of device, mobile device platform, operating system, browser type, screen resolution, IP address and other technical information), logs and other communications data) sent to us by your computer, mobile device, tablet, or any other device over time on our Sites and Services, and your online activity across third party websites, apps, and devices. We may also evaluate your computer, mobile phone, or other access device to identify any malicious software or activity that may affect the availability of our Sites and Services.
When you access or use the Sites and Services, advertising companies, analytics networks and providers, and other third parties may use Tracking Technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, online services, digital properties and devices.
The data we or third parties collect automatically may include personal information and/or statistical data that may not identify you personally; however, we or third parties may maintain, combine, or associate it with personal information collected in other ways or received from third parties. We and/or third parties use this information to (i) enhance the performance and functionality of the Sites and Services; (ii) personalize your experience with the Sites and Services, understand how you use the Sites and Services, maintain a persistent session, and improve and further develop the Sites and Services; and (iii) serve targeted and other advertising, and provide custom experiences, across other sites, apps, online services, digital properties and devices, measure how the ads perform, and for analytics purposes.
The Tracking Technologies used on the Sites and Services include the following, among others:
Local Storage Technologies: We may use local storage technologies, like HTML5, that provide cookie-equivalent functionality but can store larger amounts of data on your device outside of your browser in connection with specific applications.
Web Beacons: We use Web beacons, also known as pixel tags or clear GIFs, to demonstrate that a webpage or email address was accessed or opened, or that certain content was viewed or clicked.
Third Party Sites: When access to the Sites and Services is made available to you through third-party sites, please be aware that these other sites maintain their own policies regarding Tracking Technologies and the collection and use of information. You are responsible for reviewing those policies.
Information obtained from third-party analytics services
Information Obtained From other Sources
Text Messaging Program: You may elect to receive SMS text messages from us regarding the Services. These messages may use information automatically collected based on your actions while on our Services. To the extent you voluntarily opt to have SMS notifications sent directly to your mobile phone, we receive and store the information you provide, including your telephone number or when you read a text message. By opting-in to receive SMS text messages from us, you acknowledge that messaging and data rates may apply depending on your phone service provider. You may opt out of receiving SMS text messages at any time by texting “STOP” in response to the text messages you receive or by changing your notification and communication preferences in the Services. However, by opting-out of receiving text messages, you may not be able to use full functionality of the Services. Please note that your mobile phone carrier may collect data about your wireless device usage, and that its practices are governed by the provider’s own policies.
Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
How We Use and Share the Information
We may use and share your personal information as set forth below:
- To provide the Sites and Services;
- To solicit your feedback, inform you about our products and services and those of our third-party marketing partners;
- To monitor, support, analyze, customize, and improve the Sites and Services;
- To communicate with you regarding the Sites and Services, including but not limited to, events and new releases on behalf of our partner organizations;
- To fulfill your requests for information regarding new or improved products and services;
- To engage in marketing, advertising, and tracking activities, and evaluate the efficacy of our efforts, provided that, where required under applicable law, we will obtain your prior opt-in consent to send electronic marketing communications and/or our newsletter;
- To engage research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, and detecting and protecting against error, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- To protect the safety and security of our Sites and Services, businesses and customers;
- To third-party contractors and service providers that provide services to us in the operation of our business and assistance with the Sites and Services, such as technical support for the Sites and Services and providing services such as IT and cloud hosting, payment processing and financing, transactions reporting, customer relationship management, email marketing, advertising services, analytics services, shipping and distribution, name and address verification, marketing and order fulfillment, email distribution, market research, fraud detection and preventions, promotions management, administrative services and among others;
- To create and disclose aggregated, anonymous, user statistics and other information to (i) affiliates, agents, business partners, and other third parties; (ii) describe the Sites and Services to current and prospective business partners; and (iii) other third parties for lawful purposes;
- To share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries, affiliates or other companies under common control or in partnership with us;
- To fulfill our legal and regulatory requirements;
- To comply with applicable law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process, and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
- To assess or complete a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, investment, or similar corporate event where we expect that your personal information will be part of the transferred assets;
- To audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements or our internal policies;
- To prevent, identify, investigate, and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical, or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft; and
- Otherwise, with your consent.
Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences
Marketing Communications: You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any of our marketing emails. Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails.
Cookie Management: Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies or other Tracking Technologies, the Sites and the Services may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
You will need to apply these opt-out settings on each device from which you wish to opt-out. We cannot offer any assurances as to whether the companies we work with participate in the opt-out programs described above.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable security measures to ensure that your information is treated securely and is protected from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction, taking into account the risks involved in processing and the nature of such data, and in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Unfortunately, the Internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Sites and the Services may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail or other electronic means. We do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure of your information.
The Sites are not targeted toward, and we do not seek or desire to collect personal information from, children under the age of 13. Therefore, we will not knowingly request personal information from persons under such ages. Please do not provide any personal information to us for any reason unless you are at least the age of 13, and please caution your children not to do so. If a child under the age of 13 has provided personal information to us through the Sites, a parent or guardian may inform us at [email protected] and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information within a reasonable period of time.
Important Notice to Non-U.S. Residents
DO NOT TRACK
As discussed above, third parties such as advertising networks and analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use the Sites and the Services. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for commercial websites. At this time, we do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
Notice to California Residents
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you wish to submit a request pursuant to Section 1798.83, please contact us via email at [email protected].
Notice to Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at [email protected] with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.