Race Forward’s Building Racial Equity series is a collection of interactive trainings for those who wish to sharpen their skills and strategies to address structural racism and advance racial equity. Unlike “diversity trainings” which primarily focus on interpersonal relations and understanding, the Building Racial Equity trainings emphasize how to challenge and change institutional racial inequities.
As Race Forward supports various efforts to protect our communities from the racially inequitable impacts of Covid 19, we are offering folks the opportunity to practice social solidarity in a time of physical distancing by presenting THREE full day, interactive virtual training sessions. These training spaces will serve as an opportunity to learn, grow and connect with a community of people who are all working to deepen their racial equity practice. Spaces for each virtual training is limited to 60 individuals in order to ensure a high level of interactive engagement and personalized coaching and support from our team of expert facilitators. You may register for one of our virtual offerings by clicking one of the links below:
- TICKETS: April 7th Virtual Training
- TICKETS: April 9th Virtual Training
- TICKETS: May 5th Virtual Training
Folks affected by the postponement of the in-person April trainings can email any questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships are available upon request. Please email email@example.com to request a scholarship
Other Upcoming Building Racial Equity Trainings
The trainings posted here are our offerings for 2020. Only events with available tickets will be listed here, which means as our events sell out they will be removed automatically from this calendar. To be the first to know about new BRE trainings, please sign up for our newsletter.
- Racial Justice Values & Vision
- Key Concepts: Different Dimensions of Racism / Structural Racism
- Implicit Bias and Systems Analysis
- Opportunities to Advance Racial Justice
- build a clear understanding of key concepts such as racial equity and structural racism
- learn to talk about race constructively within their organizations and with their constituents
- gain tools and practices for counteracting racial bias in their work and practices
- identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to advance racial equity
Early Bird rates are available in a few locations until a month before the event, only full price tickets are available within a month leading to the event.
For scholarship applications and any questions, email the Building Racial Equity team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries about our organizational development training and consulting, please contact email@example.com.
**Disclaimer: By participating in the event you are granting permission for your image and likeness to be filmed, photographed, edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed by Race Forward. No audio will be recorded at anytime.
If you do not wish to be photographed and/or filmed, please inform Race Forward staff onsite or prior to the day of training.