Race Forward’s Building Racial Equity series is a collection of interactive trainings for those who wish to sharpen their skills and strategies to address structural racism and advance racial equity. Unlike “diversity trainings” which primarily focus on interpersonal relations and understanding, the Building Racial Equity trainings emphasize how to challenge and change institutional racial inequities.
Upcoming Building Racial Equity Trainings
We will be posting additional trainings and venues throughout the first few months of 2019. Only events with available tickets will be listed here, which means as our events sell out they will be removed automatically from this calendar. To be the first to know about new BRE trainings, please sign up for our newsletter.
|Raleigh, NC||Sep 04, 2019||Register|
- Racial Justice Values & Vision
- Key Concepts: Different Dimensions of Racism / Structural Racism
- Implicit Bias and Systems Analysis
- Opportunities to Advance Racial Justice
- build a clear understanding of key concepts such as racial equity and structural racism
- learn to talk about race constructively within their organizations and with their constituents
- gain tools and practices for counteracting racial bias in their work and practices
- identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to advance racial equity
Early Bird rates are available until a month before the event, only full price tickets are available within a month leading to the event.
For scholarship applications and any questions, email the Building Racial Equity team at email@example.com.
**Disclaimer: By participating in the event you are granting permission for your image and likeness to be filmed, photographed, edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed by Race Forward. No audio will be recorded at anytime.
If you do not wish to be photographed and/or filmed, please inform Race Forward staff onsite or prior to the day of training.