Race Forward’s Building Racial Equity series is a collection of interactive trainings for those who wish to sharpen their skills and strategies to address structural racism and advance racial equity. Unlike “diversity trainings” which primarily focus on interpersonal relations and understanding, the Building Racial Equity trainings emphasize how to challenge and change institutional racial inequities.
Upcoming Building Racial Equity Trainings
The trainings posted here are our offerings for 2020. Only events with available tickets will be listed here, which means as our events sell out they will be removed automatically from this calendar. To be the first to know about new BRE trainings, please sign up for our newsletter.
|Seattle, WA||Jan 14, 2020||Register|
|Portland, OR||Jan 16, 2020||Register|
|Oakland, CA||Jan 23, 2020||Register|
|New York City, NY||Feb 18, 2020||Register|
|Washington, DC||Feb 20, 2020||Register|
|Jackson, MS||Mar 19, 2020||Register|
|Los Angeles, CA||Apr 16, 2020||Register|
|St. Paul, MN||May 19, 2020||Register|
|Madison, WI||May 21, 2020||Register|
|Raleigh, NC||Jun 18, 2020||Register|
|San Antonio, TX||Jul 21, 2020||Register|
|Albuquerque, NM||Jul 23, 2020||Register|
|Oakland, CA||Aug 06, 2020||Register|
|New York City, NY||Aug 18, 2020||Register|
|Washington, DC||Aug 20, 2020||Register|
|Denver, CO||Sep 17, 2020||Register|
- Racial Justice Values & Vision
- Key Concepts: Different Dimensions of Racism / Structural Racism
- Implicit Bias and Systems Analysis
- Opportunities to Advance Racial Justice
- build a clear understanding of key concepts such as racial equity and structural racism
- learn to talk about race constructively within their organizations and with their constituents
- gain tools and practices for counteracting racial bias in their work and practices
- identify opportunities and next steps for applying concepts and strategies to advance racial equity
Early Bird rates are available in a few locations until a month before the event, only full price tickets are available within a month leading to the event.
For scholarship applications and any questions, email the Building Racial Equity team at email@example.com.
**Disclaimer: By participating in the event you are granting permission for your image and likeness to be filmed, photographed, edited, copied, exhibited, published or distributed by Race Forward. No audio will be recorded at anytime.
If you do not wish to be photographed and/or filmed, please inform Race Forward staff onsite or prior to the day of training.