Position Title: VP of HR
Position Location: (NYC or Oakland)
ABOUT RACE FORWARD:
In 2017 Race Forward united with the Center for Social Inclusion to become the new Race Forward.
Since 1981, Race Forward has brought a systemic analysis and an innovative approach to complex race issues to help people take effective action toward racial equity. With increased capacity as a joined organization, Race Forward catalyzes community, government, and other institutions to dismantle structural racial inequity and create equitable outcomes for all.
The new Race Forward is home to the Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE), a national network of government working to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities. Race Forward publishes the daily news site Colorlines and presents Facing Race, the country’s largest multiracial conference on racial justice.
The VP of human resources is responsible for directing all the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Race Forward, the ethical and social consciences of business and society, and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The incumbent will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the organization with the best people talent available and to position the organization as the employer of choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry. This position manages the HR Generalist and reports to the SVP of Finance and Administration.
- Develops organizational culture through strategic analysis and well-implemented initiatives.
- Plans, develops, organizes, implements, directs and evaluates the organization’s human resource function and performance.
- Participates in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translates the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning of new programs strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develops staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Develops progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Develops programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Enhances and/or develops, implements and enforces HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
- Continues improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational needs of the organization.
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Leadership & Navigation.
- Relationship Management.
- Bachelors or 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification desired.
SALARY RANGE: Race Forward offers competitive compensation for a high performing staff team leading the work to advance racial equity. The VP of HR position will pay between $100,000 and $110,000.
BENEFITS INCLUDE: Employer paid Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Commuter/Remote Benefits, competitive Time off policies, and employer retirement contribution.
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a cover letter, resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject VP of HR.