Race Forward catalyzes movement building for racial justice. In partnership with communities, organizations, and sectors, we build strategies to advance racial justice in our policies, institutions, and culture. Founded in 1981, Race Forward brings systemic analysis and an innovative approach to complex race issues to help people take effective action toward racial equity. Founded in 2002, CSI catalyzes community, government, and other institutions to dismantle structural racial inequity and create equitable outcomes for all. In 2017, Race Forward united with Center for Social Inclusion to become the new Race Forward. Race Forward is home to the Government Alliance on Race and Equity (GARE), a national network of local government working to achieve racial equity and advance opportunities for all. Race Forward publishes the daily news site Colorlines and presents Facing Race, the country’s largest multiracial conference on racial justice.
The Vice President of Human Resources is responsible for directing the people functions of the organization in accordance with the policies and practices of Race Forward. This includes the ethical and social consciences of society, the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and relevant regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. The VP of HR will lead the strategic human resource planning to identify the best talent to position the organization as an Employer of Choice.
The Vice President of HR is responsible for setting, enforcing, and evaluating legally compliant human resources policies and procedures, best practices, identifying and implementing long-range strategic talent management goals. The VP of HR will supervise a team of 3.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Employee Relations & Culture – 35%
- Develop organizational culture through strategic analysis and well-implemented initiatives.
- Create and sustain a thriving performance driven culture that brings out the best in each employee and sets the highest expectations.
- Implement dashboards and use data analytics to shape employee morale.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Maintain knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices in employment law, human resources, and talent management.
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding, and learning & development.
- Support the continuous evolution of our values, operating principles, and implement various programs and tools to ensure they permeate our organization from hiring, through performance management, to talent development and operational decisions.
HR Strategy – 25%
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate the organization’s human resource function and performance
- Participate in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Enhance, develop, implement and enforce HR policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization. In particular, manages the human resource information systems database and provides necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the organization.
- Continuously improve the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational needs of the organization.
- Shape the strategy and execution of organization-wide communications to ensure transparency.
Training & Development – 15%
- Develop programs to allow the organization to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees.
- Implement training opportunities that leverage career progression and learning opportunities for all staff.
Organizational Design & Development - 10%
- Develop and implement solutions to meet the current and future needs of our environment.
- Cross-collaborate with internal teams and provide direction with vertical and lateral development.
Compensation & Benefits – 10%
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance.
- Ensure compliance with employment, benefits, insurance, safety, and other laws, regulations, and requirements.
- Implement performance systems that are equitable, fair and just.
Talent Acquisition – 5%
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning of new programs strategies and regulatory action as those items affect the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the organization.
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the organization for positions of responsibility. Identifies appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the organization.
- Design position descriptions that promote inclusivity and attract diverse talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree, 7+ years of progressive HR experience in a Generalist or Leadership role, SHRM-SCP, SPHR or PHR preferred.
- Ability to excel within an environment that promotes racial justice .
- Resilient business acumen, strategic planning, organizational assessment, highly developed leadership and interpersonal skills, and quantitative analytical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Aptitude to perform at both the strategic and hands-on level; results driven, service oriented, self-motivated with ability to work collaboratively and independent.
- High level of integrity, trust and confidentiality.
- Excellent judgment, creative problem solving, adaptability, and multi-tasking skills within a high impact environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated record of accomplishment in a high-level consultative/leadership role within a progressive environment.
- Passion for racial justice.
How to Apply:
Race Forward has retained CliftonLarsonAllen to spearhead our search efforts.
To apply please send your resume and note of interest to Octavia M. Gilmore, National Search Leader at: email@example.com
Race Forward is an equal opportunity employer and highly encourages people of color to apply.